Kesar Prices in Indian Market
“There are a few productions from Kashmir that prove to be very beneficial for India. The cultivation that tops the list is Saffron. A kilogram of Kashmiri Kesar is sold at the price of 2.5 lacs in the Indian Markets yet one gram of that very saffron is sold at a cost of rupees 765- a huge benefit for India Of Course.”
You might be thinking why to Purchase something this Costly and why not to Purchase Iranian or Spanish Saffron which are available at much cheaper prices than India’s Kashmiri Saffron.
Well, the answer lies here!
Saffron that you buy Online from India (thanks to technology you don’t need to Travel) or in India from Kashmir Itself, has a dark maroon-purplish color with 150 compounds and is obtained from the stigmas of the flower Crocus Sativus. The Purple colored flower blooms in the autumn season when its harvesting takes place. A kilogram of Kashmiri kesar nearly takes 40 hours of Labour and around 150k flowers are plucked in this time period.
From cultivation ( the sowing session ) to the harvest ( the reaping festival ) everything is Manual. Where machines dominate every task nowadays, exertion like this needs to be paid.
And it is an old saying that the rewards obtained after working hard with one’s hands is much bracing. Believing in this are the cultivators of Saffron from the Valley Of Kashmir. Who knows the price of Hard work and exertion. This is one of the reasons as to why Kashmiri Saffron has high costs.
Since labor is manual, this implies no preservative chemicals or machine chemicals get along the spice during sowing sessions or harvesting- thus this yellow-gold is completely Organic.
Purity and quality products are always what Kashmir has believed in. to win trust from their genuinity and warm-heartedness have been their traits for the long past.
Of course, money isn’t much more important than quality which may serve as the root of being healthy or being weak. Moreover, Kashmir in the past recent have faced repeated droughts. The shortage of rainfall has led to the lowering of Kesar Production from the state. Benefitting from which the commercial producers of Saffron from Himachal Pradesh have renamed their products in the Kashmiri Kesar and are selling them at lower rates than the original one.
This has led to the division in consumers and they have lost faith in who dealt with this all, as the real growers.
Quick Test for Originality:
You might be thinking how not to fall prey to those fake Saffron Producers, who in the Name of Saffron poison every person who believes in the powers of Ayurveda- in brief Nature Itself. I tell you it is very easy to test the Originality of Saffron. Place a few saffron strands in a dish with warm water. If the spice loses its colorfast it is a fake. Else go ahead and purchase your Order.
Kashmiri Saffron releases much taste in the food than any other saffron And the aroma is stronger too. Although, saffron Cultivation in Kashmir was spread to it from Iran, yet the environmental effect and the evolution all along these years- centuries maybe, have resulted in a completely newer species of Kashmiri Zafran.
How to identify Original Kashmiri Saffron Purchased Online?
- Although it is easy to imitate the color and the smell of saffron, yet nothing can copy its taste. Having a pungent smell, Kesar smells somewhat like a combination of hay and honey.
- Original saffron doesn’t lose its color like in seconds if put in warm water. Neither does the thread turn white.
- Corn is dried and then dyed. Later, sold as saffron in the markets. Nevertheless, tasting a strand won’t deceive you and a clear distinguishing between real and fake will be obtained.
What is the price of 1 gm Kashmiri Kesar In India?
If you try buying it from any Kashmiri Store Like Kashmir online store ( Suggested ), the price will nearly be around rupees 300-400. Normally It Depends Upon Location to location and Market To Market. 1 Gram In Kashmir Cost (Pure Saffron) Rs 300 to Rs 400 Normally, 5 Gram Will Cost you approx Rs 1200 to 1400 Normally and 10 Grams will Cost You Rs 1800 To 2200 including Shipping all over India.The Store Is Actually from Saffron Town and currently as I have Purchased From Them.I personally Feel original.
Why Some Vendors Sell Cheap Price Kesar
Often You have checked That Some Famous website Like amazon selling saffron at Cheap Price. The reason I personally think today’s food Market We are seing so Many Fake Saffron Or any other Country variety Saffron which Is actually Cheap But yet affordable But if You want to get original Saffron Then No doubt You have Pay More Than Normal One . It Is quiet Difficult To get original One .So I Suggested you to Buy From Local vendor kashmir online store.
Note: If Someone is Selling Cheap Kesar in Cheap Price That Means Someone Has Done something wrong otherwise selling original Saffron is Not Possible in Cheap Price.
BUY 10 GRAMS PURE KASHMIRI SAFFRON (KESAR)
Why is Saffron Used?
Saffron has numerous medicinal benefits due to which it is used as edible in the number of dishes- that makes it of culinary importance.
- Saffron is used in making Zafrani Pulao, Kesar Rice, Zafrani Chicken.
- Beverages like Saffron Milk and Kehwa are made using saffron. Saffron milk is highly beneficial for pregnant ladies. Whilst Kehwa is a sort of green tea with Saffron In It. it has been a part of Traditional Kashmiri Marriages.
- Sweets like Kesari barfi are made using saffron. Moreover, saffron serves as an ingredient of many ice-creams like Kesar kulfi, Kesar badam soups, etc.
- Saffron cures Asthma.
- Beautifies Skin.
- Tackles nausea, relieves pain, tackles heartburn.
- It soothes the acidity and helps in boosting appetite.
- One of the best-known cures of Kesar is that it is used for combating depression and fighting Cancer cells.
Where is Saffron grown In India?
Although it is just native to Kashmir, where Organic Saffron is grown, yet, commercially now the cultivation has begun to Himachal Pradesh too.
Kesar Price In India
India Is a Vast Country Having Almost 1.30 Billion Population So Kesar Price in India Depends Upon State where your Living. If You Purchase From Local Market From South like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka You Can Get Kesar 1 gram price up to Rs 5oo and If Like To buy Kesar in North Like Delhi Then Kesar price will Less Than South. Similarily in Kashmir Kesar’s price will Be Lesser than All Because Kesar grows in Kashmir.Further more, Kesar price also Varies From Customer To Customer. For Saffron Wholesale Dealers They will be selling pure Kashmiri Saffron In Low Price and if For Personal use It will be slightly high market Price.
Medicinal uses of Zafran:
- Cures Asthma, Cough u0026amp; Whooping Cough. An asthmatic patient suffers from the inflammation of lung tissue, narrowing the airways. Zafran reduces the inflammation thus clearing the airways and letting oneself breath easily. This is all due to β2-adrenergic and H1 histaminergic receptors being stimulated and muscarinic receptors being blocked.
- Loosens the Phlegm from the respiratory tract.
- Flatulence is made fine.
- An awesome liver tonic and hepatic deobstruent.
- Lets you fight depression (Consume for 6-8 weeks). The compound crocin has a beneficial effect on light to moderate depression. Thus it’s astringent as well as resolvent.
- H202 induced retinal damage is cured too. Asthenopia can be treated by Zafran too.
- It helps you get over Alzheimer’s disease (Take it straight for 22weeks with milk ).
- It helps you overcome Cancer. This anti-carcinogenic effect is due to the forced inhibition of topoisomerase II, Scavenging the free radicals, modulating sigma-1 receptors and conformational changes induced in DNA.
- Good for your Skin.
- Pain is relieved because of the analgesic compound and a sedative chemical compound safranal.
- Tackling Nausea
- It helps hypertension sufferers by being a means of potassium and crocetin.
- It soothes the menstrual cramps in ladies.
- Boosts your appetite.
- Soothes acidity
For food lovers, I completely have a bag full of surprises for them. To who endure cooking and above it, serving, I provide you with the best uses of Zafran in the cuisine world.
How should pregnant Ladies Take Saffron?
Firstly, consulting a doctor is a must. Secondly, the intake should not be practiced in the first trimester. Lastly, the best way to have saffron by Pregnant ladies is to have it in Milk.
Boil half a cup water and put saffron strands in it. Boil for a few minutes. Boil milk and put a few nuts in it- I recommend Almonds. Pour the Saffron water in the milk and boil for a minute or two.
Saffron the king of spices, the most costly of all and the one with most beneficence; contains more than 150 volatile and aroma yielding compounds. Its cultivation has started back in the Bronze Age near some region of ancient Greece. From then on, its cultivation and planting have spread to Eurasia, North Africa, North America and the Oceanian Continent as a whole.
Flourishing in around ending October to Mid-November, this spice grows in the regions with hot and dry summers and places where the temperature does not get any lower than -15 degrees in winters. Harvesting is needed to be done in haste and in a speedy affair. Stigmas are quickly dried upon extraction and packed in airtight containers. For picking 150,000 flowers forty hours of labor are required. This plucking and picking is not done by any machine and needs to be done manually by hand. A kilogram of Saffron requires 110,000-170,000 flowers to be picked.
World’s best saffron producers are Kashmir India, Iran and Then Spain. The Saffron obtained from these countries are classified into various grades.
Kashmiri Saffron is most difficult for consumers to obtain. Repeated droughts, bring crop failures in Kashmir and combined with an Indian export ban, prices go high. Kashmiri saffron is recognized by its extremely dark maroon-purple hue, suggesting the saffron’s strong flavor, aroma, and colorative effect.
Around 30-40 crore is earned from the cultivation of saffron. Hence, the cultivation of saffron is the second largest activity in the state, following the fruit cultivation activity.
Jammu u0026amp; Kashmir produces 7.3 percent of world saffron, putting India on the third rank in world saffron production, where about 49 percent of its total production is exported.
- Roast almonds(25 gram), raisins(25 gram) and cashews nuts(25 gram), green cardamom(10) in ghee(1 tablespoon) and margarine( 2 tablespoon) for 2 mins.
- Semi-cook the basmati rice(1-kilogram) and add roasted dried fruits to it.
- Put milk (500 gram) and cream(50 gram) in a saucepan and place it on the burner for not more than 5 mins.
- Add Sugar(100 gram) to the Saucepan and keep on stirring it for 2 mins, till the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add a pinch Zafran to the saucepan and keep it on the burner for 3-4 mins, till the milk color is changed.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan in the rice, cover it and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Serve with garnishing it with whatever you like.
- Pour a 1/4th cup of ghee in a pan.
- Place chicken pieces in the pan and fry until golden brown tincture is obtained.
- Saute ginger powder, cinnamon, sauf, cloves, and red chilies together in the pan after taking the chicken pieces out of it.
- Add water with salt. Place it still till it boils with constant stirring.
- Now add the fried chicken piece in this masala mixture, topping it with Zafran.
- Stir and mix well, until it is cooked.
- Cover the pan with a lid till water is dried.
Get ready to serve your zafrani chicken.
Saffron/Zafrani Kehwa Chai is the favourite of all desi people. Though westernisation has bought coffee. It consumed mostly to show that swag. But I tell you if you haven’t consumed Zafrani Kehwa yet, You have never known the happiness of consuming this Kashmiri wedding starter drink. How to prepare:
|Boil Almonds for 10-15 mins, so that its cover is easily removed.|
|Wash them and boil cashews too. Chop them in pieces|
|Place the sauce pan on the burner with water in it ( per cup per person).|
|Put green cardamom, cloves, cinammon in the water and let it boil for 20 mins.|
|Dissolve Zafran ( Saffron Kehwa) in a cup of water stiring it for a while.|
|Strain the sauce pan contents and separate the liquid.|
|Mix the Zafran ( saffron ) water with the liquid obtained and put the dried fruits within.|
|Put green cardamom, cloves, cinammon in the water and let it boil for 20 mins.|
Different types of Kesar with respect to packaging:
One gram of Kashmiri Kesar is obtained from nearly 150 stigmas of the flower-Crocus Sativus. This means nearly 1,50,000 flowers are plucked to get 1 kg of saffron. This is surely a legitimate reason as to why the spice prices are soo high. The high prices of saffron because of the conditions it grows in and is grown by is a reason for its adulteration. Although one may be fooled by the color of adulterated saffron, its taste cannot be pirated anyhow. Nowadays, there are powders available in the market, who claim to have saffron incorporated within, do not fall prey to such an advertisement for if you have consumed the saffron threads, you will understand that powder is a fake. There are reasons for that too. Cost being the most important of all. One cannot incorporate 100 grams of saffron in a 250 gram of some powdered milkshake costing only 150 rupees. Think of your health first and buy it from the right place.
Further more You Can Check :Kesar Price In India
Types of packaging:
- 1 Gram Saffron
- 5 Gram Saffron/Kesar
- 10 Gram Saffron
- Saffron For Pregnancy ( 10 Gram)
If You want to take One Gram Saffron It will vary From 280 To 320 Depending upon The Quality Of Saffron whether you will Take Mongra Saffron, Lacha Saffron, and Zarda Saffron.
Our store sells this exotic spice in three different packings online. Yet, you can get any quantity when you visit our store. The reason for that is we still don’t trust the online retailers at our services. Anyway, we provide you Saffron in the packing of 1 gram box with its prices being RS 359, not more for such a high-quality product and the effort our men do on the Saffron fields. 5-gram pack is sold at the price of 1200 INR, giving you a clear discount of rupees 500 and 10-grams of Saffron will be made available to you at the rate of 2200 INR giving you a clear deal and letting you save 1150 rupees.
Kashmir Online Store promises you the quality product you deserve and for Your health more than They do for Their profits.
Kesar Price In Bangalore
Bangaluru tries to have all grades’ saffron from the best producers of the world. Iran’s Sargol Saffron is consumed and is available under different brand names. Pelagic food ingredients PVT. Ltd. And begin Sargol saffron being common. Tuned Food Agro LLP and Sri Akshara Enterprises sell saffron harvested from their fellow state, Kashmir. Other than these two company units, RK saffron, new Horizon and CO., suuf Food and Beverages are also among the traders of saffron from Kashmir valley itself.
But I Suggest go With Kashmir Online Store
Kesar Price In Delhi
Delhiites have no way lesser love for this yellow gold- spice than those of Bengaluru people. Just because No other spice can take place of saffron’s flavor or aroma and the benefits altogether in this world, it is highly demanded. Delhi has a long list of Kashmiri Saffron retailers. Therefore, it will not be of any problem to go looking for one. But if You Wish To Buy Online with COD Here Is The Choice For You.
Kesar Price In Chennai
Unlike Bangalore and Delhi, there are not many retailers of Kashmiri saffron in Chennai. A few of that those exist and can be found are:
But If You wish To Buy Online Along with Free Shipping Direct From Kashmir Here is the List
Saffron Price in Jammu and Kashmir
Since Jammu is counted as a single state with Kashmir, the saffron prices available in Jammu will be lesser, without the quality is at stake. Moreover, the Kishtwar district of Jammu province also produces Saffron, which is another reason for bringing the price down, with no compromises with quality.
However, there are stores that sell pampori Kesar in Jammu too.
But If You Looking To Buy Online Kesar With Premium Quality Just Look at This :
If you have planned a trip to Kashmir, do visit our Saffron fields. The best and genuine Kashmiri Saffron price is given by the Kashmir Online Store. Without overlooking the quality, they make available to you the best of Kashmiri Kesar, with an overwhelming aroma, that adds an enigmatic color, spice, tincture, and smell to the food in which it’s used. However, other than cooking purposes, Saffron has a medicinal as well as dermatological uses as well.